Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Of wedding vows, new apartment, and bad press

Two weddings in a span of three weeks are more than I can take. My cousin Shiraj got married last weekend, and everything which occurred over the two days was stopping me (or so I choose to believe) from attending the wedding - the bad weather, casting auditions, snuggling up to my boyfriend in bed all day, a bad reaction to mee rebus, a malfunctioning hair blow-dryer, a dire need to catch up with sleep, a broken zipper on my dress…

I turned up for the wedding eventually… when it was over. The dirty looks I got from the relatives were nothing compared to the amount of “So I reckon you’re next?” my sister had to go through. Relatives naturally grow accustomed to asking questions like that. Like it’s some kind of a second or third degree family tree genetic disease.

Meanwhile, outside the everyone’s-getting-hitched-and-knocked-up-world, things are finally picking up. After many dreadful weeks of apartment-hunting, Ian and I finally found a place we can actually call home - a private walk-up apartment. Our room’s cosy and absolutely gorgeous, although I can’t say the same for the rest of the place.

So we’re moving in on New Year’s. Too late for a New Year’s party, so plans for a regular house party are in the works. I wonder how it’ll be like living with a boyfriend. It can’t be that big a challenge (or can it?)– to not take up too much of each other’s time and private space while living in the same house, and not crossing the getting-much-too-comfortable-with-each-other line. I’m practising now. In fact, right now I’m on my notebook, in bed at Ian’s, ready to snooze while he’s out at the coffee shop with the guys.

And I could really use a glass of scotch.

PS. And to everyone who's here and read that Newman article - for the record, I'm not out to be the female equivalent of David D’Angelo. That's just wishful thinking.

Labels:

'Ain at 23:12

1 comments

1 Comments

at 13:26 Blogger Mad Munkey said...

Just dropping by for a quick snort. Enjoy the new domicile.

 

Let your indifference be heard - Post a Comment