Sunday, October 22, 2006

Be quiet and drive

The boyfriend will be gone for three days. Having learned from previous experiences, I'm not even going to attempt to believe that I will go for yoga everyday, quit smoking, and generally engage in healthy living. Instead I am going to embrace my inner sloth, eat everything in sight, and generally celebrate the fact that no one will be seeing me naked. (It was hard to find the silver lining there, but I did it).

I do however, need to put into practise some self control, particularly because we will be going on a quick vacation this weekend. I really hope I left myself enough time to lose all the weight I will inevitably gain over the next few days. Boys always stutter and stammer their way out of the question “Would you still love me if I got really fat?” Except for one of my friends, whose boyfriend responded “Well, I would have to talk to you about it because gaining weight when you’re in a relationship is really selfish.” There's a modicuum of truth in that, but it is just not a comforting answer.

Labels:

'Ain at 19:41

0 comments

0 Comments

Let your indifference be heard - Post a Comment