Thursday, October 13, 2005

From the remote desk of…

I must’ve had four hundred thousand and ninety two things to do since I’ve last been here. I almost forgot this space even existed.

Last week, I was out with this Italian guy whose name remains anonymous and unpronounceable. My encounter with him was just another vicious cycle waiting to happen. I’m beginning to see a certain pattern in the type of men I attract – thus writing about it would be relatively redundant.

My weekend turned to shit because I had to work. I also had to sit through a session of karaoke with our Japanese and Hong Kong partners who were not only drunk and tone deaf, but who also had the ability to make the Village People look even worst than they already were.

I’m pretty sure this wasn’t in my job description. I’m thinking, if this goes on, I’m gonna develop agoraphobia or something, and have a psychoanalyst tapping at my brain.

Work is more exhausting now that I'm handling more things apart from PR. I feel like I’ve met a million people over the last 2 weeks – and that I just really need to dive into a black hole and hide for a while.

Last night, I went down to two classes of yoga (back to back), had Chandra crack my shoulders and spine, and ended my night off in the steam bath. Such are the things I relish.

Labels:

'Ain at 15:55

2 comments

2 Comments

at 21:52 Blogger Mad Munkey said...

You never know, blogging can be very theraputic. You should write about the type of guy. The village people were a record company marketing effort. It is strange that YMCA is still played in half the clubs in EU. It's a horrible song, but I never tire of hearing it... strange.

Thanks for visiting today... even more, commenting. Don't be such a stranger.

 
at 13:31 Blogger Michael said...

Your last paragraph shows you have a great sense of how to escape... sounds like a great refresher.

 

Let your indifference be heard - Post a Comment