Monday, August 15, 2005

I Was Asking For It

I had my hair cut on Saturday – about six inches shorter. And I almost had an anxiety attack. I don’t know how long I contemplated making the cut, but it seemed like forever. I don’t know what I was thinking either that day. I was on medication, and I was reading Lao Tzu’s Tao Te Ching before I knocked out cold. And when I woke up, I took off right away and headed straight to the hair salon. I must’ve been possessed by all that eastern philosophy.

The next day was followed by a lineup of bizarre events. My sister made my lunch, which was fit for a goat. I’ve never had so many different types of vegetables and fruits in one meal. She’s turned into this chronic health and yoga-doing dietician and she’s really starting to freak me out. Later, I headed down to Andrea’s barbecue where I watched her dad go into what seemed like a tribal dancing fit. He’s quite a strange man. Then as we were leaving, I caught Hadi talking to himself - or maybe he was talking to his combat boots. I’m not too sure, but considering that I too sometimes talk to inanimate objects, I didn’t think it was odd at all.

Then later when I got home, I saw a guy and girl get into a fist fight on the street where I live. And they were making such a racket, everyone else in the neighbourhood got out of their houses to watch – also probably because we don’t get this kind of action all the time. I’ve never seen anything quite like that, which explains why I was staring so much - which probably also explains why the guy started coming and screaming at me in an incomprehensible language.

You can imagine how petrified I must've been.

Labels:

'Ain at 18:51

0 comments

0 Comments

Let your indifference be heard - Post a Comment